When I'm not on Tumblr you can find me on Twitter for daily updates about my life.
Shopping, reading, studding, florals, lace, animal print, leather, vogue, starbucks, food, fall, winter, makeup, shoes, jewelry, swedish fashion, moschino, nail varnish, louis vuitton, chanel, acne, jeffrey campbell, miu miu, alexander wang, prada, yves saint laurent, tiffany & co, beautiful places, quotes, and more.
1. MUFE foundation — I don’t need concealer with this foundation (Not that I need it) But we all have our little blemishes here and there. This covers it all. I use just use a tiny bit because a little goes a LONG way.
2. YSL rouge volupte lipstick — This is seriously the best lipstick ever! It’s so soft and goes on so smoothly on your lips. If you have dry lips, you’ll love it! It’s expensive for being a lipstick ($34.00) But it’s worth every penny. I use it as my everyday lip color. Plus, it has SPF, what more could you want?
3. Eyeshadow for my eyebrows (Coastal Scents palette just to try something new) — I mainly used Two Faced Brow Envy which I’ve had for like 3 years LOL I don’t recommend keeping your makeup that long but hey, that’s how long it has lasted me and there’s still more left. It’s amazing and I pick it over the Anastasia brow powder any day. (Don’t waste your money!)
4. Maybelline Pulse Perfection and Maybelline Colossal Volume Express mascara — These two go so well together that I use them both. Pulse Perfection gives me length while Colossal Volume Express gives me volume. I love how using these completely changes my eyes.
5. Carmex moisturizing lip balm —The only lip balm that has actually worked for me. You only need a bit because it’s very liquidy (Is that even a word?) LOL
Stocking up on beauty products + necessities. Left from Sephora and right from Drugstore.
Left: I fell in love with the illamasqua nail polishes. I’ve been wanting to get ‘Rare’ for a while now it’s just such an amazing neon yellow color, my favorite. The pink one is called ‘Collide’ and it’s a beautiful neon pink color but I’ll be returning it because I already had a dupe of it at home which I noticed later on. The perfume is called Classic by Burberry. It’s such an amazing fragrance and one of my favorites. My mom first introduced me to it and I used all of her bottle up haha, it’s that good! It’s perfect for everyday use. It’s not strong and smells amazing! Philosophy Purity cleanser, i bought another bottle since I ran out of my last one. This one is 16 oz. Go get yourself this cleanser, I cannot stress enough how amazing it is!
Right: Cocoa butter + Vaseline moisturizers — The best! Q tips, I use these to clean out the edges of my eyebrows when I shade them in since I don’t use concealer like most. Ardell Brow and Lash Growth Accelerator to see if it really works. And last but not least, A Pilates DVD — something I’ve been wanting to try for a while now.
Clarisonic Mia — I seriously cannot live without it. If I go without it for a week I can tell a big difference. It cleanses my face completely and I can see that if I clean my face with just my hands it doesn’t take all of the dirt off like the Mia does. I also barely break out when I’m using it.
Philosophy Purity cleanser is a must! It’s seriously the best and my face feels squeaky clean after I use it. I have normal-dry skin and it doesn’t dry out my face at all. It’s also great at taking your makeup off.
Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash — A great exfoliating wash which is super gentle and doesn’t dry out my face. I like to use it every other day.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen SPF 100 — I live in a tropical place so it’s always hot and sunscreen is a must! It protects my skin from the dangerous sun rays. I like this sunscreen because it’s waterproof and doesn’t clog up my pores.
Moisturizer! Philosophy ‘Hope In a Jar’ — It’s a must for me because again, I have normal-dry skin. I just ran out of it and I plan on trying a few new moisturizers, I’ll let you all know in a post with a more updated skincare routine.
If you want to try out new products or want to start taking care of your skin because you haven’t, I highly recommend the products listed. They’re all really great and you will see a big difference in your skin, trust me. Philosophy products are all great! And the Clarisonic Mia is a must for everyone.
All of these products can be found at Sephora except for the sunscreen which you can find at your local drugstore.
What are Face Blemishes?
Face Blemishes or Facial Blemishes are dark patches or marks on the face due to pimples, boils, whiteheads, blackheads and other such skin conditions that tend to clog the pores of the skin. Extensive use of cosmetic products on the face may also cause the same.
Even though this is a very common skin ailment, still it can be cured naturally at home with the help of a number of natural home remedies for face blemishes.
This type of home treatment consists of inexpensive and easily available yet highly beneficial natural remedies like orange peels, tomato juice, lemon juice, coconut water, sandalwood powder and other natural skin lightening agents.
Follow the natural treatment for blemishes removal for at least two weeks to get encouraging results. In terms of cosmetics, choosing non-comedogenics over comedogenics is a valuable tip to avoid face blemishes considerably.
Causes and Symptoms of Face Blemishes
As already mentioned, Acne, Boils, Eczema, Blackheads, Whiteheads, Allergies, Freckles, Moles, Age Spots and other similar skin conditions and skin infections are the most common causes of Face Blemishes.
Hormonal changes, stress, sunburn and environmental factors like pollution increase the risk of developing this problem not only on the face but on other parts of the body as well.
Factors like harsh weather conditions, presence of excess oil on the skin and use of cosmetic products like creams, foundations and other similar products containing strong chemicals also contribute in the development of blemishes on the face.
Females, in particular become more susceptible to blemishes on face and skin because of hormonal fluctuations during puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, menopause etc.
Certain face blemishes like Port Wine Stains consisting of deep dilated capillaries in the skin are caused by caused by genetic predisposition. Such blemishes are usually present at birth and tend to remain on the skin throughout life.
Basically, face blemishes are marks or patches of dark pigmentation on the skin. Face and neck are the most common areas prone to this condition. Though, blemishes can also appear on the back or on the tongue.
Natural Home Remedies for Face Blemishes
• Lemon juice, potato juice and cucumber juice are regarded as excellent natural home remedies for Face Blemishes removal.
Any of these Face Blemishes natural remedies can be applied for approximately twenty minutes to get rid of this problem. A combination of lemon juice and tomato juice can also be applied daily to reduce Face Blemishes to a great extent.
• The application of a decoction prepared by boiling chamomile and lemon juice in water helps to heal Blemishes on face. This natural cure works best in case of Blemishes due to acne scars.
• Applying a combination of juice extracted from Bishop’s weed and jasmine buds twice daily also serves as a good Face Blemishes home remedy.
• Mix some vinegar with three mashed strawberries and apply this mixture on the affected area overnight. Regular application of this therapy for clearing Facial Blemishes.
• Simply applying a paste of sandalwood powder and water is one of the most highly recommended natural home remedies for Facial Blemishes.
• Boil some carrots and then mash. Then apply these mashed carrots on the face for fifteen to twenty minutes and finally rinse it off with milk to cure Face Blemishes to a great extent. Carrot juice can also be used for this purpose.
• A mixture of lemon juice, rose water and honey taken in equal parts serves as one of the most effective Face Blemishes home remedies.
Regularly apply this home remedy on face and neck for about 5-10 minutes to reduce Blemishes in a natural way. A face mask can also be prepared from these ingredients by adding one teaspoon of gram flour, a pinch of turmeric and one teaspoon of yogurt in it.
• Another popular homemade face pack for removal of Blemishes on face can be prepared by mixing rose water and yogurt in a powder of lemon and orange peels that have been dried.
• Applying mashed green papaya for fifteen minutes is one of the easiest natural cures for removing Face Blemishes at home. Combination of mashed papaya and milk also gives better results.
• Soak four almonds in water overnight. In the morning, remove their skin and then grind them. Next, add some honey and a few drops of lemon juice in the grinded mixture.
Finally, apply this therapeutic paste on the face for about twenty to thirty minutes and then wash it off. This is one of the best home remedies for Face Blemishes natural treatment.
• Soak some sees of Indian Plum in water overnight. When they become soft enough, mash and apply them on face and wash the face after the mixture dries to heal Face Blemishes to a great extent.
• Prepare a paste by mixing two parts of almond extract, seven parts of camphor extract and some rose water and sandalwood powder. Use this face pack regularly for effective home treatment of Blemishes on face.
• Mix two tablespoons of vinegar, one tablespoon of rose water and some cucumber juice and apply the resultant solution on dark patches to get rid of Face Blemishes.
Diet for Face Blemishes
A balanced and nutritious diet with special emphasis on vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and selenium rich foods is highly beneficial in preventing Blemishes as well as facilitating the process of healing the existing ones.
Thus, positively include oranges, lemons, carrots, gooseberries, guavas, watermelons, red and yellow bell peppers, broccoli, beans and other important fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts and whole grains in the diet.
Stay away from fatty and oily foods and restrict the consumption of caffeinated items like tea, coffee and even chocolates.
Needless to add, drink adequate amount of water to keep the skin in a healthy and glowing condition. Follow these dietary measures and natural home remedies for face Blemishes on a regular basis to eliminate this common skin problem naturally.
Looking to get in shape for summer? then bodyrock.tv is just right for you. You can follow their Youtube page which is full of killer workout videos which will give you real results. Along with healthy diet recipes you can find in their website.